Friday 18 January 2013

MLS Collection

MLS All Stars

Its been a while since my last update so this is a bumper edition, showcasing my collection of MLS jerseys....

I've been a fan of the MLS since its inception back in the 90's, setting the video recorder for 4am to record Dallas Burn V Tampa Bay Mutiny on Channel 5! The MLS has come a long way since those days, with the help (and exposure) of a certain former England captain...

First up from my collection is the super rare MLS All Stars jersey (as the yanks call them!).  I picked up this little treat while I was in New York last year, headed over to New Jersey to find a little soccer store (getting very American now!) called the onion bag, I'd heard they were able to print up shirts with the official MLS namesets and couldnt find anyway in Manhattan to do it, so seemed like a good excuse to ventrue away from the island, as it happed the trip was very useful, not only did I get my Philadelphia shirt printed (pics to follow) but I stumbled across this All Stars shirt in a local sports store, Modells, and even better it was reduced to $50 from the usual price of $80!  Not only that but I had my 1st ever Taco Bell experience, all in all it was a good day.






No comments:

Post a Comment