Thursday 8 May 2014

Russia Home World Cup 2014

First up from my collection of World Cup shirts is the Russia home by Adidas. This has to be one of my best eBay bargains, long sleeved shirt for £25. I was sceptical it might be a fake given these usually go for £50 (in short sleeves) but on very close inspection I'm convinced it's authentic. It came with all original tags and in a sealed Adidas bag, perhaps it was off the back of a lorry as they say, but needless to say I'm pretty chuffed with it!

The shirt is inspired by Russia's history in the space race with the blocks down the front. The colour is very nice and is the usual departure from the traditional red or blue that's been used in the past. All the Adidas World Cup shirts feature a solid block across the back, just above where the players name would be, this apparently creates a solid line when the players are in a huddle but have yet to notice it. The Russia flag just below the three stripes on the arm is a very nice touch, haven't noticed this on any of the other World Cup shirts. 

I would like to get the shirt printed, hoping the Adidas store on Oxford street will oblige on my next trip to London.




No comments:

Post a Comment