Wednesday 21 May 2014

USA Centenary Home 2012

Next up in my World Cup series is the USA centenary home shirt from 2012, player version. This shirt was purchased on eBay, the idea was to take it on holiday with me to Washington DC and get it printed over in the states, but unfortunately it wasn't posted in time so didn't receive it 'till after the holiday! However I was able to find an official sporting ID nameset on eBay which I took down to my local DW sports and they kindly printed the shirt for me, for free.
As you can see from the picture the shirt is the official player version with rubber "t-strips" on the shoulders and lazer cut holes on the sides. The fit of the shirt is a little more tailored to the body, although thankfully for me the Nike shirts aren't as tight fitting as the Adidas player versions.

I have to say this is one of my favorite shirts in my collections, and the fact it cost about £40 in total compared to the usual price of over £100 makes it more satisfying.
The shirt was used in qualifying for the 2014 World Cup and notably featured in a friendly match against Germany where the states won 4-3.  I found it a little ironic that match was played in Washington DC at the JFK stadium, where I watched my first MLS match and should have had the shirt with me if it had arrived on time in the post!



No comments:

Post a Comment