Wednesday 24 September 2014

MLS All Star 2014

The latest shirt in my collection is the all star shirt from the current MLS season. This is a very special shirt for a number of reasons. First of all this is the last all star jersey that will adorn the MLS boot and ball logo after the news last week of a new design. Secondly this shirt is only ever worn for one match which makes it very rare indeed. And finally the all star team actually beat a very strong Bayern Munich side 2-1.
I'd been looking out for this shirt on eBay but nothing had come up, struggled to even find last seasons all star jersey (more news on that to follow), let alone this one but I noticed the official 
MLS website had a 20% off voucher for one day and they happened to have the shirt in stock, albeit in a youth size but as the Adidas sizes are very generous I took a gamble and ordered it.  It was a tense wait as it took nearly three weeks for my parcel to arrive but it fits perfectly and looks amazing. I have to say the pictures don't really do it justice, maybe its the poor lighting but it looks much better in person. I've tried to capture all the details but not all have come out well. I love the stripe effect woven into the front of the material, and the uses of green as an ode to the Portland Timbers colour's where the all star game was held.
The aim is to get it printed up with the official electric yellow names and numbers but this may prove difficult given how rare the shirt is.....a trip back to the states might be in order!










No comments:

Post a Comment